Friday, September 20, 2013

Area Codes.

Never realized quite how much significance can be found in 3 little numbers. Maybe it's because our family is spread out, maybe it's because we've moved 79 times, maybe it's because our friends have all moved 79 times... not sure why. But there is huge significance in the Area Codes that show up on my caller ID.

319: someone from my home farm in iowa is calling
563: some member of my family in iowa is calling from their cell phone
843: the beach. friends on the coast of south carolina are calling to check in
772: the other beach. friends calling.
515: governor of iowa. or my friend kim. usually kim
608: who IS that??? oh yeah. friends that moved to madison a couple years ago. still do not have their new numbers memorized
770, 678: someone new to me because i'm new to here
262, 414: someone from home, remembering us right now

I like the use of the word 'code' in 'area code'. It implies secret. It is a hint of something special, someone special. A secret clue to give me a hint about the gift on the other end of the code.

No comments:

life.